Wednesday, June 11, 2008

CentSports


I recently came across this site, unfortunately via some unrelenting spammer from Sherdog, but since I like to do some recreational gambling and the UFC in a partnership with Bodog has emptied my pockets (damn you, Marcus Davis), I decided to give it a shot anyway, cleverly bypassing the spammer's referral link and signing up directly.

How the site works is they give you $0.10 that you can bet with to start off, and you try to work your way up from that. You can cashout when you reach I think $10 or $20, and you'll always have 10 cents in your account, so no matter how many times you lose, you can always start over with 10 cents. On the "leaderboard" there seems to be a bunch of people with like $500, which is ridiculous until you take into account the number of referees the NBA employees (zing!).

They get most of their money from ads, and you can get an additional 25-100% on each bet by supposedly watching sponsored commercials. You'll have to click a few times until you get the max additional %, but with AdBlock I never see the commercials anyway, and just keep clicking until I get the max.

Anyway, I'm still stuck at $0.10. I've mainly been randomly picking 5-game MLB parlays since you can win like $5 from $0.10 if you pick all 5 correctly, but this is pretty hard to do. I'd recommend sticking with 2-3 game parlays. I think the highest I ever got was $0.75, which I tried to parlay into $20 but ended up back at $0.10.

If you refer people, you also get 5% of anything they win, which is what I assume the spammer was trying to do. Since I'm not a greedy bastard, and have no faith in anybody's ability to get up to even $5, I won't spam my referral link. If you want to try it, just click on the centsports banner.

No comments: